Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering Marilyn's trip to entertain the troops in Korea,1954



A Soldier Remembers

A Soldier remembers Marilyn's trip to entertain the troops in Korea. 1954. I have also added footage of Marilyn with the troops in Korea over the interview.



Rare Footage Of Marilyn Monroe Entertaining The Troops On Stage In Korea 1954

Rare footage with sound ..Feb 1954 Marilyn Singing Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend, Bye Bye Baby and Do It Again. Marilyn said it was the highlight of her life to sing for the soldiers in Korea. I have complied the footage into one video

Marilyn Monroe Video Archives

EXCLUSIVE Marilyn Monroe - The Korea Rare Color Candids 1954.



1954 - Tuesday, February 16. The cold and the rain will not fear to Marilyn, who wore a fine cocktail dress with sequins for her stage performances. She said: "my life was singing there for the soldiers. I was on a stage in the open air. It was cold, but I swear to you that I was never felt me as well."



Marilyn was so greatly amused: "for the first time in my life, I have the feeling of belonging to a community, and that people who looked at me, loved me and accepted me... For the first time, I felt a movie star."
It ignite and swirled before the outbreak that it caused crowds of soldiers coming to hail him. Marilyn will tell Amy Greene that his trip to Korea it had cured his terror of the crowd: "never, previously, I felt a star in my heart. "
It was terrible: wherever I all these the eyes looking at me,, I saw a type who smiled at me."On the four days there, more than 13,000 men came hail Joe DiMaggio, who had tracked his young wife in the news on Japanese television, not at all enthusiastic. Their telephone conversations were often strained. A few weeks later, after their return to California, in the presence of Sydney Skolsky, Marilyn discus, in a lively manner, her stay in Korea and speak to Joe:- "Joe, you can't imagine what it is! Have you have already seen 10,000 people rise to applaud you?" -"No, 75 000", he replied dry by referring to his sporting exploits at Yankee Stadium.
Skolsky tells then that Marilyn knew any more where to put, so she was ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment